Top 10 Furniture Picks for Your Condo
Minimum space, maximum style.
Living in a small home can have its challenges, but that doesn’t mean design has to suffer. Lucky for us, condo-sized furniture and other space-saving solutions are on the rise and looking better than ever.
1) This Belgian Classic Slope Arm upholstered sofa (from $1,895), from Restoration Hardware’s Petite Collection, is perfect for adding comfort to a small space. It’s four inches smaller than the classic model in both depth and height, but is equally cozy. restorationhardware.com.
2) We’re used to seeing extendable models made of cedar and elm, but the Glivarp ($369) brings something new to the table (pun intended) with its tempered glass top and chrome-plated legs. ikea.com.
3) The Lift Storage Bench ($599) looks great in an entryway and is perfect for storing everything from pillows and board games to your guests’ shoes and bags. cb2.com.
4) Wetstyle’s new W2 brand features freestanding bathtubs that are built with small spaces in mind (they’re designed to fit in a 5’ x 8’ bathroom) but that doesn’t mean they sacrifice style. The company’s elegant and modern aesthetic remains intact with the Wave Bathtub (from $3,995). wetstyle.ca/w2.
5) The slim design of this leaning Asterix Ladder Shelf ($199) is a stylish storage solution for cramped spaces. eq3.com.
6) Sure, ottomans are supposed to be used as footrests, but the Carmo (from $987) will also make for a comfy seat in a crowded living room. boconcept.com.
7) West Elm’s Box Frame Nesting tables ($399) tuck inside one another when space is limited, making them the perfect condo accessory. westelm.com.
8) The Sheridan Kitchen Cart ($599) is a great addition to any kitchen that lacks counter space or storage, but it can also be easily tucked away when not needed. crateandbarrel.com.
9) Philippe Nigro’s Confluences (from $2,045) join together like beautiful, upholstered puzzle pieces. With different colours, fabrics, and sizes to choose from, you’re sure to find a winning combination for your living room. ligne-roset-usa.com.
10) The bold pattern and bright colours of these Flutura Occasional chairs ($498) may make them stand out, but their skinny mango wood legs create a more spacious look than chunky armchair alternatives. anthropologie.com.