Design Details 101
An insider’s guide to the latest in door hardware and plumbing trends.
You don’t need to rip up flooring or tear down walls to make a drastic change to your home. Bob and Sue Emslie, owners of Victoria Speciality Hardware & Plumbing, know how a few updated details can breathe new life into your space. They shared a few insights on how to update your home.
- The brushed brass finish that has been so popular back east is slowly entering the West Coast market.
- Crystal knobs are also making a comeback.
- These days everyone is asking about barn door tracks–We’ve been supplying them for years.
- Once the modern bar handles hit the big box stores, the trend lost its appeal. Now everyone is returning to traditional designs.
- Keyless entry has been popular for a few years, but there have never been as many options to choose from. Schlage has a new series that will sync with your iPhone, and Balwin, Emtek and Welser all have several smart systems.
- Most tubs nowadays are manufactured in a synthetic material to give them a seamless look.
- A low divide double sink can also be used as a large single.
- Matte black and brushed stainless steel faucets are being introduced to the local market.
Victoria Speciality Hardware & Plumbing blows customers away with their expertise and selection. “We focus on quality product lines and leading edge designs not found elsewhere,” says Emslie, who is quick to list his favourite part of the business: “We are always helping new customers achieve new dreams—it never gets boring.”