An Australian couple based in Tokyo and Hong Kong wanted a BoConcept look for their new Whistler home—but didn’t quite know where to start.
“Michelle and Andrew were familiar with BoConcept, but they wanted help putting things together,” explains Vancouver BoConcept Stylist Ronald Gutierrez, who led the entire design for their stunning mountain property. Ronald got started by visiting the Whistler site and getting to know the couple’s intentions for their new place. “It’s important to understand the homeowners’ lifestyle, the purpose of the property and their individual needs,” he says.
With a strong sense of what these clients were after—a big city escape surrounded by nature—Ronald began to plan the interior decor using BoConcept’s 3D Home Creator software. “It gave them a clear idea of how the space would come together, even from a different time zone.” He narrowed down their original vision to a neutral palette that’s equipped to stand the test of time. “We began with the main furniture and gradually added accessories and smaller details to complete a customized concept and add touches of colour.”
The end result is what Ronald describes as a contemporary aesthetic that was entirely coordinated by the BoConcept team. “Everything went very smoothly,” he says. “It really came to life.”
Get the Look: Ronald’s favourite pieces from the Whistler URBAN Escape home
- Milano table with supplementary tabletop, available in different sizes and colours. As shown, matte white lacquered/oak. H29½xW39½xL72¼/91”
- Adelaide chair for indoor and outdoor use, available in different colours, various bases and seats. H34/18½xW23¾xD22¾”
- Osaka corner sofa, tufted seat, available in fabrics, leathers and different sizes. As shown, grey Matera fabric 2283/espresso oak. H31½xW124¼xD95¾”
- Lugano sideboard, available in different colours and sizes. H36¾xW60½xD19”
- Mezzo bed, available in fabrics and leathers, with storage option. As shown, light grey Salto leather. Available in Queen and King.
For more great furniture, check out BoConcept’s summer design sale (July 11 to August 28). Visit boconcept-vancouver.ca for details.