Brie, Mozzarella, and Peach Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? Especially when it’s made fresh with delicious ingredients and Canadian cheese! Chopped deli meats, such as honey ham or prosciutto could be added. Apricots, plums or pears would work as well instead of the peaches. Try making the pesto with baby spinach instead of arugula.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Total time: 1 hour
2 cups (500 mL) bread flour (approx.)
1 pkg. (8 g) quick-rise (instant yeast) yeast
1 tsp (5 mL) each sea salt and granulated sugar
1 cup (250 mL) warm water (120 to 130°F/50 to 55°C)
3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
1 cup (250 mL) sliced Little Qualicum Island Bries
1 large peach, cut into wedges
¾ cup (175 mL) shredded L’Ancêtre Mozzarella
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1¼ cup (300 mL) packed fresh basil leaves
1¼ cup (300 mL) packed stemmed arugula
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
¼ cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pine nuts, almonds or cashews
¼ tsp (1 mL) each sea salt and cracked black pepper
½ tsp (2 mL) grated lemon zest
1. In a large bowl combine flour, undissolved yeast, salt and sugar. Stir in water and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of oil; mix until well combined. If necessary, add more flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest on floured surface 25 minutes.
2. Pesto: Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together basil, arugula, oil, Parmesan Cheese, pine nuts, salt, and pepper until finely chopped. Stir in lemon zest. Measure out ½ cup (125 mL) and reserve remaining pesto for another use.
3. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to desired shape, about ¼-inch (5 mm) thick. Place on prepared baking sheet. Evenly spread ½ cup (125 mL) of pesto over dough. Top with Brie, peaches and Mozzarella.
5. Bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Top with arugula leaves; drizzle remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil (optional) and season to taste with salt and pepper.