Milk Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: Makes about 18 cookies.
1⁄2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and still warm (not hot) to the touch
3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp nonfat milk powder
1 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp baking soda
1 (12-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Excerpted from Milk Bar Life: Recipes and Stories by Christina Tosi
1. Preheat the oven to 375∞F.
2. With a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula, mix together the butter and both sugars in a large bowl, flexing your biceps, until well-mixed, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined, about 1 minute.
3. Mix in the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda until just combined, about 30 seconds. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed, about 30 seconds. (If your dough is exceptionally wet, itís a factor of too-hot melted butter. Throw it in the fridge for
a few minutes to firm up before baking.)
4. Portion 3⁄4-cup scoops of dough 2 to
3 inches apart onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely on the pan. Makes about 18 cookies