Mini Beef and Guinness Hand Pies
The Lazy Gourmet‘s Jenny Hui packs a lot of flavour into these compact hand pies stuffed with Guinness-infused beef and tender caramelized onions.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
500 grams ground beef
2 tbsp butter
½ white onion, sliced
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ cup beef broth
1 cup Guinness
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 sheets puff pastry
1. Heat sauté pan. Add oil. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Add butter to the same pan. Add onions, garlic and tomato paste. Sauté until tender. Season.
3. Add broth and Guinness.
4. Put beef back in with Worcestershire and thyme.
5. Cook until liquid is reduced. Remove and cool.
6. On a floured surface roll out puff to fit ravioli pan.
7. Generously flour pan. Place one sheet on. Gently push in. Brush sheet with egg wash.
8. Add beef into each ravioli section.
9. Place second sheet of puff on top and gently press down to seal.
10. Flip onto cutting board. Cut into squares. Egg wash.
11. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.