In Bloom (Citrusy Pisco Cocktail)
This Instagram-worthy summer cocktail—made with pisco, sea buckthorn syrup and creme de cassis—is as refreshing as it is beautiful.
1½ oz El Gobernador Pisco
½ oz Cocchi Americano Bianco
½ oz sea buckthorn syrup (see recipe below)
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 dash bergamot orange bitters
½ oz Odd Society creme de cassis
Lime zest for garnish
Sea Buckthorn Syrup
250 g Sea Buckthorn berries
1 cup simple syrup
Sea Buckthorn Syrup:
1. Combine ingredients in a blender. Blend until the berries are puréed.
2. Let stand for 30 minutes and strain.
For the Cocktail:
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, setting aside the cassis. Shake with ice.
2. Fine strain into a stemless wine glass.
3. Add 2 oz club soda and fill the glass almost entirely with crushed ice.
4. Add the cassis. Garnish with grated lime zest.