Corpse in the Vineyard (Gin and Riesling Cocktail)
This wine cocktail from Mia Papadopoulos at Krafty Kitchen and Bar earned the People’s Choice award at the 2017 Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery Mixoff.
Corpse in the Vineyard
1 oz Okanagan Spirits family reserve gin
0.75 oz fresh lemon juice
0.5 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
1 oz riesling vermouth*
2 tbsp dried wormwood
2 cinnamon sticks
Rinds of 2 oranges
Rinds of 2 grapefruits
5 whole star anise
1 tbsp whole cloves
2 bottles 2014 Mt. Boucherie riesling (750ml each)
1 bottle Okanagan Spirits Canados (Apple Brandy)
1. Place all spices and herbs into a stockpot and cover with both bottles of riesling on high heat.
2. Bring mixture to a boil and then turn off the heat. Let cool at room temperature, then place in the fridge overnight.
3. The next day, fortify the wine mixture with the Canados apple brandy.
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake hard for 10 seconds.
2. Double strain cocktail into the chilled coupe glass and garnish with a pickled riesling grape.