Black Tea-Infused Madeleines
Elevate your next tea party with these madeleines from TWG Tea.
- Yield: 25 madeleines
1. In a large bowl, stir sugar and eggs until the mixture is thick. Sift wheat flour and baking powder through a fine sieve and mix them gradually while whisking; continue until well blended.
2. Place unsalted butter and TWG Tea Tea Party tea leaves in a saucepan over medium low heat and keep stirring it using a wooden spoon. Once the butter has melted let it come to a boil.
3. Continue to cook the butter until it looks clear, and has a light brown and nutty colour. Remove from heat and immediately put through a strainer to remove the tea leaves. Let cool to room temperature before folding into the mixture.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the honey until it begins to simmer; do not boil. Remove from heat and pour into the mixture.
5. Butter the madeleine moulds, or choose silicone moulds. Using a piping bag with about a ½-inch round tip, pipe the batter to fill each mould almost to the rim. Leave to rest for one night in the refrigerator.
6. Preheat the oven to 320°F and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the madeleines spring back when touched lightly in centre and edges are golden.