Muddle, Stir and Shake: 11 Products for Your At-Home Bar
Improve your mixology skills with these stylish bar tools and accessories.
The start of a new school year can only mean one thing: holiday season isn’t far behind. We’ll be seeing Thanksgiving products on store shelves in a matter of days, and Halloween and Christmas are always quick to follow. Get ready for a season of entertaining with our selection of barware and accessories.
1) The Turn Around juicer ($57) will help you add a splash of citrus – an essential ingredient for classics like cosmopolitans and G&Ts – to all your favourite cocktails. vanspecial.com.
2) Crushing fruits and herbs is simple with the two-sided Open Kitchen Cocktail muddler ($9). The toothed end can easily crush fruits while the smooth end is best used for muddling mint and other leaves. williams-sonoma.com.
3) Add flavour with Vancouver-made Cahoots simple syrups ($16). The classic can be used for Madeleine MacDonald’s Rockin’ At Midnight Cocktail, but lemon and hibiscus variations make for endless possibilities. walrushome.com.
4) Shake things up with the Mid-Century cocktail shaker ($47). It has the stainless steel exterior of classic models, but its sheesham wood top adds a touch of rustic charm. westelm.com.
5) Garnish your drinks like a pro (and bring your home-mixed martinis and Caesars to a whole new level) with these glass scepter picks ($10). They can handle everything from berries and citrus wedges to olives and pepperoni sticks. cb2.com.
6) The brass finish and geometric patterns on these Fort Standard bottle openers (from $58) give this classic bar tool a contemporary twist. providehome.com.
7) Go vintage – and keep your drinks cool – with these 14oz copper mugs ($36) from Old Faithful Shop. We can already taste the Moscow mules. oldfaithfulshop.com.
8) We love the retro-yet-modern feel of Normann-Copenhagen’s leaning liqueur glasses ($45), perfect for sipping an old fashioned or neat scotch à la Don Draper. espacedonline.com.
10) Functional and stylish: These Crystalline Decanters ($68) are perfect for storing and pouring all your fine spirits and they’ll look great on any bar tray. anthropologie.com.
11) Display your best bottles on the Tristan bar cart ($499). Its elegant gallery rails and mirrored-shelves will impress party guests, but will also look great when neatly tucked away on quiet evenings. potterybarn.com.